APRN – Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
APRN Job Functions may include:
- Act as medical liaison while working with other treatment staff regarding medication management and patient medical reviews and implement care according to Nurse Practitioner Guidelines;
- Conduct intake medical assessment, H&P’s, psychological evals and make appropriate recommendations for follow-up;
- Conduct patient dose evaluations and change medication levels, as indicated;
- Facilitates referrals to outside medical providers for patient needed follow-up;
- Evaluates patients with urgent or emergent medical needs and determines if further medical assistance is necessary;
- Orders laboratory tests as necessary for quality of care;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Nurse Practitioners (NP) shall be certified and licensed as an APRN or APRN PMHNP in Utah.
- Must also have prescriptive authority from the State of Utah (DEA & NPI).
Experience in drug abuse treatment is desired.
- Must have knowledge or desire to learn about the substance abuse patient population.
- Must have knowledge of federal and state regulations governing the prescribing of appropriate care specific medications and of regulations pertaining to health care of patients in treatment for drug abuse.
- Ability to prioritize workload, skilled in organizing detailed work assignments and follow through on assigned tasks to assure completion in a timely manner.
- Computer literate.
- Must be able to pass a urinalysis and criminal background check
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: As part of our commitment to safeguard the well-being of our employees and clients, our organization has established a Drug-Free Workplace Policy and a pre-employment drug screen is required. In addition, it is a violation of our organization’s policy for any employee to report to work under the influence of illegal drugs and/or to possess on his/her body, illegal drugs in any detectable amount. Employees are subject to random drug testing under the standards of this policy.
About Substance Abuse Treatment Center:
The company has multiple substance abuse treatment centers throughout the Utah and is looking to open more across the US.